- Public talk about the wonders of the Universe as part of the International Festival of Social Innovation (FiiS 2017) in Santiago, Chile.
- Video chat to students for "Superheroes del IEA", from ESO-Santiago (Chile) to Institutos Educacionales Asociados (IEA), Caracas (Venezela).
- Video link from Paranal Observatory to XX Festival de Astronomia, Villa de Leyva, Boyaca (Colombia). A summary video of the event can be found here.
- Made a ahort video for #Chilemiratucielo 2015
- Astronomy & Cosmology courses aimed at school teachers for: Astromania in Santiago (Chile), and Escuelas de Invierno/Verano at Universidad de Concepcion, Chile)
- "Fiesta de la Ciencia" at Museo Interactivo Mirador, Santiago, Chile
- Congreso Astronomico Escolar del Bio Bio, organizado por Embiggen, Explora, Coronel, Chile
- Astronomy Public Lecture Series, University of Nottingham, UK
- Collaborator of the astronomy portal REDEM (Red Educativa Mundial / Word Educational Network). See my latest article for REDEM about galaxies here (in spanish)
- Currently helping with the construction of a radio telescope at Observatorio Roan Jase, Cajon del Maipo, Chile
- March 2018: Appearance in the German Travel documentary "Chile´s North" by Slashy Productions.
- In August 2017 we published a paper in Nature reporting the previously unknown connection bewteen ram-pressure stripping and the central supermassive black holes of galaxies. The discovery caught the attention of many news sites, including: ESO news, Scientific American, Phys.org, Space.com, New Scientist, TrendinTech, University of Melbourne, and several other english-language sites, as well as Chilean, Mexican, Italian, and Spanish press releases.
- An interview for Diario 2001's 44 Aniversario celebrating Venezuelans succeeding abroad.
- In April 2017 we published a paper reporting the discovery of an early-type jellyfish galaxy (Sheen et al. 2017) that got the attention of several science news sites: Phys.org, iu4.com, sciencetimes.com, AAS Nova. The article was also reviewd in french, and in korean in this article and this video.
- In January 2017 I talked to many news agencies, newspapers and TV channels in Chile about Jellyfish Galaxies and the GASP project. This was part of a Media Day organized by SOCHIAS. Here are some of the resulting articles (in spanish): Ultimas Noticias, La Tercera, Entorno Inteligente
- An interview for the ESO journal The Messenger (issue 166, page 68, Dec. 2016)
- An interview for a Venezuelan blog
- An interview for the exhibition "Retratos de Independencia" by by John Perivolaris
- An interview for a Venezuelan newspaper
Interviews & Media
Talking to Tele13 @ Universidad Catolica, Santiago, Chile (2017)
Talking to kids at Institutos Educacionales Asociados in Caracas, Venezuela via skype (2017)
Giving a tour inside the VLT to physics students from Antofagasta, Paranal Observatory, Chile (2017)